California and Virginia residents: see the “State law privacy rights” section below for important information about your personal information and rights under applicable state privacy laws.
1. Personal information we collect
2. How we use your personal information
3. How we share your personal information
4. Your choices
5. Other sites and services
7. International data transfer
10. How to contact us
11. State law privacy rights
Personal information we collectInformation you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, salutation, email address, billing and mailing addresses, phone number, and organizational affiliation.
- Profile data, such asyourusername and password that you may set to establish an online account on the Service, interests, preferences,your participation in our contests, promotions, or surveys,and any other information that you add to your account profile.
- Communication data, based on our exchanges with you, including when you contact us through the Service, social media, or otherwise.
- Payment and transactional data, needed to complete your orders and/or payments on or through the Service (including name, payment card information, and billing and shipping information), and your purchase history.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications and details about your engagement with them.
Third party sources.We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, including:
- Public sources such as public records, social media platforms, and other publicly available sources.
- Our affiliate partners such as our affiliate network provider and publishers, influencers, and promoters who participate in our paid affiliate programs.
- Device data such as yourcomputeror mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g.,WiFi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our emails or clicked links within them.
- Communication interaction data such as your interactions with our email or other communications (e.g., whether you open and/or forward emails) – we may do this through use of pixel tags (which are also known as clear GIFs), which may be embedded invisibly in our emails.
Cookies and similar technologies: Like many online services, we use the following technologies:
- Cookies, which are small text files that websites store on user devices and that allow web servers to record users’ web browsing activities and remember their submissions, preferences, and login status as they navigate a site. Cookies used on our sites include both “session cookies” that are deleted when a session ends, “persistent cookies” that remain longer, “first party” cookies that we place and “third party” cookies that our third-party business partners and service providers place.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
- Session-replay technologies, such as those provided by Heap that employ software code to record users’ interactions with the Services in a manner that allows us to watch DVR-like replays of those user sessions. The replays include users’ clicks, mobile app touches, mouse movements, scrolls and keystrokes/key touches during those sessions. These replays help us diagnose usability problems and identify areas for improvement. You can learn more about Heap at https://www.heap.io/privacy and you can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Heap’s storing of data about your usage of our Sites and Heap’s use of tracking cookies on other websites at https://www.heap.io/privacy
Data about others: Users of the Service may have the opportunity to provide the contact information of others to us, such as when you purchase items for another person. Please do not provide someone else’s information to us unless you have their permission to do so.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Service delivery: We use your personal information to:
- provide and operate the Service and our business;
- process your payments and complete transactions with you;
- personalize the Service, including remembering the devices from which you have previously logged in and remembering your selections and preferences as you navigate the Service;
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service;
- enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about events or contests in which you participate;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development: We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Marketing and advertising: We, our service providers and our third party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. We may send you Decked-related direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including by email, mail and text message. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
Compliance and protection: We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas, investigations or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With your consent: In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
Text marketing: With your permission, we may send text messages about our store, new products, and other updates. Updates include Checkout Reminders. Webhooks will be used to trigger the Checkout Reminders messaging system.
How we share your personal information
Service providers: Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, print and mail fulfillment, email delivery, marketing, and website analytics).
Payment processors: Any payment card information you use to make a purchase on the Service is collected and processed directly by our payment processors, such as Shopify, Shop Pay, and Google Pay. Those companies may use your payment data in accordance with their privacy policies, located respectively at https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy, https://shop.app/privacy, and https://payments.google.com/payments/apis- secure/u/0/get_legal_document?ldo=0&ldt=privacynotice.
Affiliate partners: Companies or individuals who we work with for our paid affiliate programs.
Advertising partners: Third party advertising companies for the interest-based advertising purposes described above.
Professional advisors: Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others: Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees: We may disclose personal information in the context of actual or prospective business transactions (e.g., investments in Decked, financing of Decked, public stock offerings, or the sale, transfer or merger of all or part of our business, assets or shares). For example, we may need to share certain personal information with prospective counterparties and their advisers. We may also disclose your personal information to an acquirer, successor, or assignee of Decked as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of assets, or similar transaction, and/or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which personal information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users. Users who are located in California or Virginia can find information about their additional rights below.
Access or update your information: If you have registered for a Service account with us, you may review and update certain account information by logging into the account.
Opt-out of marketing communications: You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
If you receive text messages from us, you may opt out of receiving further text messages from us by replying 'STOP' to our message. You may also text 'STOP' to 41053
Cookies: Most browser settings let you delete and reject cookies placed by websites. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Service may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. We use Google Analytics to help us understand user activity on the Service. You can learn more about Google Analytics cookies at https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies and about how Google protects your data at http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our sites by downloading and installing a browser plugin available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Blocking images/clear gifs: Most browsers and devices allow you to configure your device to prevent images from loading. To do this, follow the instructions in your practical browser or device settings.
Advertising choices: You can limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by:
Browser settings. Blocking third party cookies in your browser settings.
Privacy browsers/plug-ins. By using privacy browsers or ad-blocking browser plug-ins that let you block tracking technologies.
Platform settings. Google and Facebook offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
Ad industry tools. Opting out of interest-based ads from companies participating in the following industry opt-out programs:
Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
Digital Advertising Alliance: optout.aboutads.info.
AppChoices mobile app, available at https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices, which will allow you to opt-out of interest-based ads in mobile apps served by participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance.
Mobile settings. Using your mobile device settings to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each device and browser from which you wish to limit the use of your information for interest-based advertising purposes.
We cannot offer any assurances as to whether the companies we work with participate in the opt-out programs described above
Do Not Track: Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information: We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Deletion: Registered users may contact us to request deletion of certain of your account and personal information. We may need additional information from you to first confirm your identity before processing your request. We may decline to comply with your request consistent with applicable law, (for example, if we need to retain your information for compliance and protection purposes) or where deletion is impracticable. Once we process your request, you will not be able to access your account or use the Service.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
Security: We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfer: We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
Children: The is not intended for use by anyone under 16 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian of a child from whom you believe we have collected personal information in a manner prohibited by law, please contact us. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Service from a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will comply with applicable legal requirements to delete the information.
How to contact us
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Decked LLC, PO Box 885, Ketchum, ID 83340, Address, United States
- Phone: 208-806-0251
State law privacy rights
Except as otherwise provided, this section applies to residents of California and Virginia, and other states with privacy laws applicable to us that grant their residents the rights described below, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”).
For purposes of this section, “personal information” has the meaning given to “personal data”, “personal information” or similar terms under the applicable privacy laws of the state in which you reside. Please note that not all rights listed below may be afforded to all users and that if you are not a resident of the relevant states, you may not be able to exercise these rights. In addition, we may not be able to process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to confirm your identity or understand and respond to it.
In some cases, we may provide a different privacy notice to certain categories of residents of these states, such as job applicants, in which case that notice will apply with respect to the activities it describes instead of this section.
Your privacy rights: You may have some or all of the rights listed below. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- Right to information/know. You can request whether we have collected your personal information, and in certain cases, information about how we use and share it. For example, if you are a California resident, you can request information for the past 12 months about the categories of personal information that we have collected; the categories of sources from which we collected personal information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting, sharing and/or selling personal information; the categories of any personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and the categories of any third parties with whom personal information was sold, shared or disclosed for a business purpose
- Right to access. You can request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
- Right to correction. You can ask us to correct inaccurate personal information that we have collected about you.
- Right to deletion. You can ask us to delete certain personal information that we have collected from you. Please note that once we process a deletion request, we will be unable to provide any online or digital services to you or support for past products or services that you may have purchased.
- Right to opt-out: Opt-out of tracking for targeted advertising purposes. You can opt-out of certain tracking activities for targeted advertising (also known as interest based advertising) purposes.
- Right to opt-out: Opt-out of the sale of personal information. You may ask us not to sell personal information.
- Opt-in. If we know that you are 13-15 years of age, we will ask for your affirmative authorization to sell your personal information or share your personal information for targeted advertising purposes before we do so.
- Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination as prohibited by the CCPA.
Exercising your right to information/know, access, correction, and deletion.
- via email to email@example.com
- (208) 806- 0251
We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
If you are a resident of Virginia, you can ask to appeal any denial of your request in the same manner through which you may submit a request.
Exercising your right to opt-out of tracking for targeted advertising purposes: Like many companies, we use services that help deliver interest-based ads to you as described above. You can submit requests to opt-out of tracking for targeted advertising purposes here: Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Your request to opt-out will apply only to the browser and the device from which you submit the request. You can also broadcast the Global Privacy Control (GPC) to opt-out for each participating browser system that you use. Learn more at the Global Privacy Control website.
Verification of Identity: We may need to verify your identity in order to process your information/know, access, correction, or deletion requests and reserve the right to confirm your residency. To verify your identity, we may require government identification, a declaration under penalty of perjury, authentication into your Service account, personal identifiers we can match against information we may have collected from you previously, confirmation of your request using the email or telephone account stated in the request, a declaration under penalty of perjury, or other information, where permitted by law.
Authorized Agents: Your authorized agent may be able to make a request on your behalf. However, we may need to verify your authorized agent’s identity and authority to act on your behalf. We may require a copy of a valid power of attorney given to your authorized agent pursuant to applicable law. If you have not provided your agent with such a power of attorney, we may ask you to take additional steps permitted by law to verify that your request is authorized, such as by providing your agent with written and signed permission to exercise your rights on your behalf, the information we request to verify your identity, and confirmation that you have given the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
Additional information for California residents: The following describes our practices currently and during the past 12 months:
- Sales. We do not “sell” personal information as defined by the CCPA and have not sold personal information in the preceding 12 months except to the extent that use of the interest-based advertising services described above constitutes a “sale” under the CCPA. We do not have actual knowledge that we have sold or shared the personal information of California residents who are under 16 years of age.
- Sensitive personal information. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for purposes that California residents have a right to limit under the CCPA.
- Deidentification. We do not to attempt to reidentify deidentified information derived from personal information, except for the purpose of testing whether our deidentification processes comply with applicable law.
Personal Information (“PI”) we collect
CCPA Statutory category
Categories of third parties to whom we disclose PI for a business purpose
Categories of third parties with whom we “share” PI
Payments and transactional data
Online activity data
Communication interaction data
Data derived from the above
Other sensitive personal information
We do not intentionally collect this information, but it may be revealed in identity data or other information we collect