DECKED and Pathfinder Survival introduce a collaborative survival kit drawing on Pathfinder’s years of perfecting the highest quality products for emergency situations.
The survival kit is efficiently packed inside the DECKED Crossbox for easy transport. Compatible with all DECKED drawers: crosswise in full-size drawers and midsize wide drawers. Lengthwise in midsize narrow drawers and the DECKED Tool Box.
EMERGENCY SURVIVAL KIT
DECKED x Dave Canterbury's Pathfinder School
Survival instructor, hunting guide, and best selling author, Dave Canterbury has over 25 years of experience in bushcrafting, outdoor self-reliance, and primitive skill training. For this kit, Dave hand selected the highest quality products designed to address the widest variety of true survival situations.
When the going gets tough, you need the right gear, no matter the weather or variables. These tools are efficiently stored inside a DECKED Crossbox for easy vehicle transport and stowage.
Included in the DECKED x Pathfinder Emergency Survival Kit:
HD6 Ferro Rod with Striker
- Why this matters: Tungsten steel and a striker will spark and set fire in the worst conditions no matter temperature, altitude, moisture levels, or weather. Where matches and lighters fail, a high-performance flint and steel will get the job done every time with a good tinder source.
Mini Inferno Fire Discs
- Why this matters: Equipped with a flint and steel, all you need is a readily flammable medium to start a fire. Mini inferno discs are impregnated with ignition fuel, simply tear a disc to expose the fibers, hit it with a spark from your striker, and your fire is started. Moisture will actually increase the 5-7 minute rated burn time of each disc. Lid doubles as a signaling device. (6) discs included in tin.
Pathfinder Reinforced Nylon Tarp (7'8" x 7'8")
- Why this matters: Building shelter requires speed, efficiency, and a durable, rainproof covering you can assemble any place you have trees or a vehicle to string to. This tarp is made from the same ripstop nylon material of a high-quality tent’s rainfly, with insert grommets for anchor points. It easily can create the four basic styles of emergency shelter.
550lb Tensile Strength Paracord-- 100ft
- Why this matters: High tensile strength paracord is like the duct tape of survival. From putting up shelter to fashioning a splint to almost anything in between, having a good length of this stuff can get you out of a lot of pickles.
7” Blade Bahco Laplander Folding Saw
- Why this matters: Suitable for everything from cutting up firewood to making a shelter to dressing out an animal, this foldable, tempered Swedish steel-bladed saw is a critical item. Featuring a hardpoint, XT 7TPI toothing pattern, it maximizes fast cutting and durability in the field. Fitted with a sanoprene handle for an easy, solid grip and a push-button safety lock, you can be sure you won’t create another emergency trying to get out of one.
Pathfinder IFAK Emergency Medical Kit
- Heavy duty Cordura MOLLE bag
- Pressure bandage
- Crepe bandage
- Combat application Tourniquet
- Bandage scissors
- First aid dressing
- Burn dressing
- Triangular bandage
- Medical tape
- SAM splint
- Emergency blanket
- Mark pen
- Disposable gloves – 2 pairs
- Alchohol prep pad – 10 pcs
Why this matters: When the figurative feces hits the fan, you need the right stuff to deal with serious situations as they occur. Vetted by leading experts, this first aid kit contains the necessary items to treat trauma in the field with speed and efficacy. It’s a must-have in your vehicle and on the trail at all times.
Mora Bushcraft Black 3/4 tang knife
- High-carbon steel blade
- Rubberized handle for good grip
- 4 inch long blade, 3/4" wide, and .126" thick
- 90 degree spine
- Sheath comes with the Bushcraft Style belt loop that swivels for comfort when sitting
- The blade has a black coating to help prevent rust and unwanted reflections
- Lifetime Warranty
- Why this matters: That's not a knife...THIS is a knife! This 3/4 tang knife is made of hard-use, high-carbon steel with a sharp Scandinavian grind. With a 90 degree spine, it's ready to use w/ the ferro rod included in the kit.
32 oz Stainless steel water bottle and nesting cup
- 32 oz 304 grade .5mm thick stainless steel water bottle with flat cap
- 25 oz 304 grade .5mm thick stainless steel cup with heavy gauge “batwing” handles
- Stainless steel cup lid with straining holes
- Measurement graduations etched on inside of the cup
- Why this matters: This fully considered set delivers exactly what you need in tight situations. From the high-quality stainless steel that can take the direct heat of an open flame for boiling and purifying water to the wide mouth which makes obtaining water from the shallowest of sources as easy as possible. The bottle is 32oz as this is the common water volume purification tablets are designed to treat. Batwing handles on the cup allow one to drink with a gloved hand.
- Bottle dimensions: 8” tall, 3 3/4 “ diameter. Weight: 8.5 oz
- Cup dimensions: 4 ½” tall, 3 ¾” diameter. Weight: 8.2 oz
THE DECKED CROSSBOX:
- Watertight: integrated EPDM seal
- Easy locking latches
- High impact resin and heavy-duty construction, lasting durability
- Lockable to keep contents secure
- Ergonomic carry handle
- Ruler & Common Bolt/Bit Guide
- Fits crosswise in all full-size drawers and midsize wide drawers; fits lengthwise in narrow midsize drawers.
- 100% Made in USA
- 17.5" x 10.75" x 7.75"
- 672 cubic Inches
- 40 lb weight limit