So you finally pulled the trigger on that sweet GMC Sierra 1500 or 2500. Nice work! Experts already agree that GMC has some of the best looking trucks on the market (ranked 6th to be exact).
Now, it’s time to put your stamp on it. That’s right, it’s time to accessorize that baby. You can choose from a ton of GMC accessories to customize your ride and make it way more functional and personalized.
The entire truck, from interior to exterior, can be pumped up to make it as unique and individual as you are.
While most OEM accessories are available from your automotive dealer, you’ll still find a lot of good stuff on Amazon or authorized aftermarket retailers. Ready to get started? We’re gonna look at some of our favorites:
GMC Truck Bed Accessories
Your truck bed sees a lot of action, so any accessories need to be tough as well as good-looking. It’s an extension of you, so it has to look the part. You’ve got a whole load of options to cover the back of your truck, boost functionality, and give it the look you want. Here are just a few:
- Truck Caps – Install a fiberglass or aluminum truck cap onto your truck bed for more storage and added security. Truck caps are, for the most part, easy to install and keep your contents safe from any thieves and most weather curveballs. As an added bonus, truck caps can make for a pretty nifty truck bed tent option if you’re into truck camping.
- Bed Liners – Consider bed liners or covers to protect the truck bed from scratches and dents. Bed mats, bed liners, bed rugs, and tailgate liners protect your truck as well as your cargo. This might even be beneficial if and when you ever decide to sell. Bed liners can help keep your cargo from slipping and sliding in transit as well.
- Bed Extenders – Bed extenders let you use the tailgate as extra space when you just need a little more length. They attach to the back of your truck to help keep your stuff from sliding out and fold right back in when not in use.
- Tonneau Covers – Tonneau covers can be rolled, hinged, or retractable. Automatic tonneau cover retractors are pricey, but add a big wow factor to your truck.
Soft roll tonneau covers are fine if your only concern is keeping things out of sight and giving some mild weather protection. They won’t withstand a knife, so they’re not overly secure, but they do work with the “out of sight, out of mind” adage. They’re the least secure option and the price generally reflects that. They’re not usually fully waterproof so if you’re living in an area that gets a lot of water, or a lot of theft, you might want to look at hard bed covers.
Hard bed covers are made of sturdier stuff. Usually hard plastic or aluminum, they’re foldable or removable so you can still freely access your truck bed. But they’re also robust enough to withstand an opportunistic thief. The locking mechanism usually relies on the tailgate locking system, so they’re pretty efficient. You can get hard tonneau covers painted to match your truck, add decals, or go for the contrast look instead.
Interested in this option? You can check out some of Lund’s tonneau covers for GMC here.
- The DECKED Solution – Alternatively, DECKED has a stunningly simple solution. Our Drawer System sits 12” above the truck bed, covering the wheel wells and actually increasing the truck bed floor dimensions. You can pack the drawers with everything you need for your camping and hunting trip, and still use the new truck bed to haul a load or sleep on. You won’t need a liner, because the DECKED Drawer System won’t scratch or dent or mark. Its solid construction will stay looking as good as new, no matter what you put it through. The drawers are completely weatherproof. No rain, hail, snow, dust, or sand will get through. The same applies to everything inside the drawers, too. If you’ve got Crossboxes, D-Boxes, or a D-Bag inside, rest assured everything is safe and protected.
The icing on this cupcake is that you can load it up with a 2000 lb payload. Want to take along an ATV for off-road adventure? No sweat. Park that bad boy right on top.
- The New DECKED Tool Box – We’ve come up with the answer to your truck toolbox problems. We’ll give you a hint. It’s fully weatherproof, lockable, and virtually indestructible due to its watertight architecture and injection-molded, high-impact polymer resin construction. It can be used alone or together with the Drawer System and can fit modular Crossboxes, D-Boxes, and D-Bags as well. It features an innovative telescopic ladder that removes the pain of having to crawl in through the back of the truck bed. Instead, you can access all your tools and gear from the side of the truck bed. If you haven’t guessed by now, it’s because there is truly nothing like it on the market today. It’s the new DECKED Tool Box, and it’s waiting to be installed into your GMC.
GMC Interior Accessories
Interior truck accessories are where you really get to let your personality shine through. Rep your team, show off your hobbies, or choose fun, colorful GMC Sierra accessories to dress up your crew cab.
- Floor Liners – All-weather floor mats protect your truck interior from muddy boots, so you don’t have to wash your boots BEFORE you get home from the fishing trip. Effective floor liners and mats also capture spills, dirt, and any stains. You might not think you need them, but it’s better to be safe than sorry…especially if you’ve got an extra large Big Gulp in the cup holder.
- Seat Covers – These come in all kinds of materials, patterns, and styles and protect against the daily wear and tear on your seats. This is especially important if you ever want to trade the old girl in for a younger model. Whether you’re after an all-leather interior, or you want your favorite sports team to know they have your full support, or prefer a total camo outfit, car seat covers have you—well, covered.
- Door Sills – That spot where you climb in gets a lot of traffic. It’s time to protect that little area and give it some love. Consider some of these questions when looking for your next door sill: Do you want them to match the interior, or match the exterior? Rubber, aluminium, or maybe even light-up LED? (If you’re going to protect your GMC, you may as well do it in style. Lighted door sills look super cool and are useful on a dark night.)
GMC Exterior Accessories
Let’s not forget the outside of the truck. Whether it’s used mainly as a business vehicle, a family car, or a weekend getaway, you can accessorize to suit your needs.
- Running Boards – One of the first exterior vehicle accessories, running boards are a practical addition for taller and larger vehicles. Running boards (sometimes known as assist steps or nerf step bars) give an extra platform between the ground and the vehicle interior. These are a must if you’ve got kids or for anyone whose legs just don’t quite make it easy to step up into a tall cab.
- Bumpers – Front and rear bumpers can make a real statement. The style you go for will reflect what you do with your truck. If you regularly go off-roading, you’ll likely want something a lot more robust and able to cope with going through bush and rocky land. Maybe you live somewhere where the moose roam free and you want to make sure your truck isn’t going to be fatally wounded if you ever collide with one.
- Lights – The lights on a GMC are designed with superior technological artistic flair, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be enhanced. Choose from front-mounted light bars, light-up wheel liners, or maybe some atmospheric underbody lighting. You can get lights you need for every scenario—from tailgating at your favorite sport events to hunting feral pigs way out in the backwoods.
- Exhaust Tips – We’re not really the fancy exhaust pipe type, but we won’t judge you (that much) for wanting to slap these on your GMC. Choose angled, sleek finishes, or get a little weird. Why not?
- Deflectors – They’re cheap, easy to install, and pretty essential. Deflectors reduce wind noise and keep the rain out when you have to crack a window on the ride home after a long weekend of fishing or hunting. Don’t skip these. You just might need them when you’re driving Uncle Earl home after a third helping of your famous three-bean armadillo chili on a rainy night.
- Grille – You want folks to see you coming, and a new grille can really reflect who you are and show off your personality. From ready-made to custom design, for urban use or off-roading, there’s a grille for you and your GMC.
GMC Performance Accessories
Of course, a ride that looks awesome is only going to get you so far. You also want to make sure your truck is running efficiently and smoothly. There are some additional upgrades to enhance performance to help you get the most out of your GMC.
- Splash Guards – Even your mud and water splash guards can be upgraded. Whether for function or just to get the look you want for your truck, there are plenty of splash guard options available for your GMC.
- Performance Wheels – Change the whole look and feel of your truck. If you regularly go off-road, you might need to consider larger, wider wheels. With chrome, black, or colored finishes, you can pair them with the tires made for best performance as well as the coolest looks.
- Lift Kits – Raise the truck body and suspension to add yet more functionality to your vehicle. Make your truck a mud-bogging machine. Whether because you like to show off at the local drift meetups or because your vehicle has a function to perform, you can customize your truck with lift kits to suit your needs and impress your buds.
Make your gmc your gmc
With so many different accessories to choose from, you really can turn your GMC into a unique and memorable vehicle. You can add roof racks, fender flares (you can, but it doesn’t mean you should), and whatever else will make you GMC stand out.
Let your imagination run wild. Just let it reflect who you are by upgrading and adding details to make your truck a real head turner. Putting your personal touch inside, outside, and in the truck bed show the pride you have in your vehicle.
And why not?
That’s what having a luxury truck and GMC is all about after all. If you’re going to get one of the best trucks on the market, you want to get the best accessories to go with it.
That’s why you need to get DECKED. DECKED has unmatched storage options with superb functionality as well as outstanding good looks, all covered by a limited lifetime warranty.