Experience the Ultimate DECKED Outdoor Survival Kit
When people think of survivalists, TV shows often come to mind. Names like Les Stroud and Bear Grylls come to mind. Images from shows like Survivorman, You vs. Wild, Naked and Afraid, and many others come to mind. But, while you can discover a lot from these shows, they don't express the whole experience of needing an outdoor survival kit for those who work in dangerous conditions.
However, many of these TV stars do entertain us with their strength and skills. But what does it really mean to want or need an outdoor emergency survival kit? What do you need to survive in the wilderness or if you get stuck in an isolated area during inclement weather and your vehicle breaks down?
What should be in this emergency outdoor survival kit for the regular person if the poop really hits the fan?
There are specific limits to how much you can prepare for the unexpected unless you're a survivalist specialist at the end of the day. To this end, we've put together a list of the basics that you should carry with (or near) you to survive an unexpected "wilderness" or another event.
Outdoor Survival Kit List
First off, it is vital to understand that an outdoor survival gear kit is compiled to keep you alive in unusual or extreme circumstances for two to three days. Unless you're a true survivalist, most kits won't contain extensive items because it will be impossible to carry food and water for an unlimited amount of time—that's why it's called a "survival kit."
Once the food and water run out, you'll need the minimum equipment to keep you going. But items like medical aid kits for injuries and knives for building shelters and killing (or finding) food are essential to keep you going until you find your way back to civilization or someone rescues you.
Also, having a basic outdoor survival kit in your vehicle for trips is always a good idea. You never know when you'll be on an isolated road, and your pickup truck breaks down along with phone reception, so here's what you should have in a basic survival outdoor kit.
- Waterproof container
- Water container and water
- Water purification gear
- First aid kit
- Fishing line and hooks
- Signal mirror
- Solar blanketToiletries
You can create your own outdoor and survival kit or take a look at what the experts have put together for your convenience.
DECKED X Pathfinder Survival Kit
In this section, we'll take a look at how the DECKED X Pathfinder Survival Kit matches up to a basic outdoor survival kit or performs as an ultimate outdoor survival kit.
This is what you can anticipate from the best outdoor survival kit from DECKED:
- HD6 Ferro Rod with Striker: A top-quality tungsten steel and striker are necessary for survival. This HD6 Ferro rod and striker will perform even under the most adverse, wet conditions when ordinary lighters and matches fail.
- Mini Inferno Fire Discs: These disks are infused with ignition fuel, so even when you can't find dry wood or twigs to light a fire, these disks will help you out for five to seven minutes at a time. The lid on this item also doubles as a signaling device.
- Pathfinder Reinforced Nylon Tarp (7'8" x 7'8"): If you’re stranded in hostile territory, you’re going to need shelter. In that case, having a tarp that you can rapidly erect takes a lot of stress out of the situation. In addition, this tarp is durable, lightweight, rainproof, and you can quickly attach the strings to a tree or vehicle for a basic shelter, which should be a part of any outdoor life survival kit.
- 550lb Tensile Strength Paracord-- 100ft: This paracord is multipurpose and can help you out of many circumstances, including making a splint for a broken bone and securing a necessary shelter.
- 7” Blade Bahco Laplander Folding Saw: As you can see, this emergency kit is quickly shaping up to outperform any basic ones and is already an improvement on the SOG outdoor survival kit, except with fewer knives.
- Mora Bushcraft Black 3/4 tang knife: This tough four-inch high carbon steel blade has a rubber handle, 90-degree spine, comfortable swivel Bushcraft Style sheath, and belt loop. It is water and rust-resistant and is a good match for the Ferro rod. Also, this wide ¾ inch blade has a black coating that avoids unwanted reflection. The sharp Scandinavian grind and lifetime warranty are proof enough of its quality, which is sure to help you out of the worst scenarios, provided you know how to wield a knife.
- 32 oz Stainless steel water bottle and nesting cup: A water container is critical to survival in the wilderness, and this one provides you with the luxury of a cup to soften the pain. Unless you're a masochist and enjoy outdoor survival—not everyone's built that way, as some of us prefer to watch extreme sports from the comfort of our couches, of course.
- Stainless steel cup lid with straining holes: You can pick this container up when wearing gloves, and its narrow mouth allows you to scoop up water easily. This 32 oz. is the perfect size for treating water with purification tablets, and stainless steel is the ideal solution for boiling water over a fire or cooking small meals to survive your ordeal.
- Pathfinder IFAK Emergency Medical Kit: Before you settle for a SOL outdoor survival kit, check out what you find in the DECKED emergency medical kit, which forms a part of the entire package.
- A robust MOLLE bag to stock all your emergency medical supplies
- Pressure, crepe, and triangular bandages and bandage scissors
- First aid and burn dressings
- Ten pieces of alcohol prep pads
- A combat tourniquet, SAM splint, and medical tape
- One marking pen
- Emergency blanket
- Two pairs of disposable gloves
All these items pack snugly into the DECKED Crossbox, which is watertight, durable, lockable, and has easy carry, ergonomic handles.
You can order this self-help outdoor sport camping hiking survival emergency gear tools box kit set shipping weight at a max of 40 pounds in each Crossbox, which will cost you no extra for delivery.
And, while a Red Rock outdoor gear ultimate survival kit contains many supplies, other products do not always have the expertly vetted equipment that can help you out of the direst circumstances as DECKED has. So, we strongly suggest that you stock up with the right kind of advanced survival kit to prep you for when the proverbial poop hits the fan.
In case you missed it, that would be the DECKED X Pathfinder Survival Kit. And it will be beneficial to combine this kit with the DECKED X Uncharted D-Bag Emergency Kit. Both these products are essential for anyone who spends a lot of time on the road, at construction sites, or is a fervent outdoors person.
DECKED X Uncharted D-Bag Emergency Kit
If you were ever curious about building the perfect bug out kit as your outdoor survival kit, keep reading. Putting the most comprehensive emergency kit together to pack and run and survive with an outdoor winter survival kit is vital to staying alive.
Combine the two DECKED kits for the ultimate survival kit outdoor solution on the market.
The DECKED X Uncharted D-Bag Emergency Kit has also gone through several tests to determine what you most need in a survival situation. The result is that this one will help support two people for three days in emergency conditions.
What you’ll find in this kit includes:
- The Seventy2 Pro survival kit
- A Zeus portable power station
The Seventy2 Pro Survival Kit
When you open this D-Bag with its Pro survival kit, you immediately see the instructions for how to use this kit. You'll also immediately notice a series of well-packaged items organized for each specific use.
The six specific organizational plan covers:
- Air and vision
- A first aid kit
- Food and water
The tools in this kit include duct tape, a multipurpose tool, two waterproof matches, a knife, a paracord, and a shovel.
If you need to dig in for the night, the shovel will help you level an area, after which you can create a shelter with the tarp in the previous kit.
Air and Vision
Depending on where your emergency lands you, having two air filtration masks, two chemical lights, and two goggles may just save you from a terrifying event like getting stuck in a snowstorm.
If your vehicle breaks down on a lonely road in the middle of a snowstorm, at least this kit will provide much-needed comfort. This part of the kit contains an emergency shelter, two hand warmers and knitted hats, and two pairs of insulated, waterproof gloves.
Zeus Portable Power Station
This small Zeus power station can jumpstart your pickup truck, and if for any reason your vehicle battery and the power station die on you, you have a backup. Because survival is not child’s play, we included a solar charger, crank, and radio/USB charger in one nifty unit.
You can charge up this device and use it to recharge your phone with the USB port. This device has its own flashlight, but this kit contains an additional separate flashlight. With the settings on this torch, you can send SOS signals, zoom in or produce a broader angle to light up your surroundings, together with several other options.
Another benefit of this emergency kit is the USB cables—always critical in a tech world, especially when you're far from modern civilization.
Food and Water
In any survival circumstances, water is the most essential item. This pouch in the survival kit provides you with a stainless-steel bottle that carries 48 ounces. In addition, it has a 16 oz. refillable drinking pouch, one water filter, and 12 ration bars containing 2400 calories.
As you can see, combining these two survival kits gives you the ultimate collection of items for survival in extreme conditions. You will have enough to get by with until you find help unless, of course, you love testing yourself to the limit and deliberately go on survival outings to hone your skills.
While neither of these products is designed for a kid’s outdoor survival kit, you can develop your own. Buy an empty DECKED D-Bag and the two survival kits to create one for a kid. Also, neither of these kits contains a 5/8" curved side release whistle buckle emergency survival paracord bracelet cat dog outdoor kit. Still, you can easily add this item to the DECKED collection if you wish.
Match Your DECKED Products For the Ultimate Experience
DECKED focuses on the ultimate storage solution. This match means that you can carry these emergency survival kits in the DECKED Drawer System and the DECKED Tool Box.
With this level of support at your fingertips, you’ll have the comfort of always being prepared, no matter the situation in which you find yourself.