Best Tool Box to Organize Your GMC Canyon Truck
The GMC Canyon began its life in 2004 as a compact sport truck. With an extended-cab, and short-bed configuration, it was designed for those who wanted the utility of a truck but didn't need the extra space or carrying capacity. The Canyon was the second truck to wear the GMC nameplate. It was aimed at those with upscale sensibilities, who wanted a small truck with some of the benefits of a full-size model. In this investigation, we look at how well it has aged since its launch.
GMC has been in existence since 1900. Today it offers a full range of vehicles ranging from its higher-priced luxury models up to work trucks. As a division of General Motors, which is the largest automaker globally, GMC has access to the technology and manufacturing prowess of one of the world's biggest automakers. GMC has taken advantage of that to build its reputation as a builder of trucks and sport-utility vehicles. It offers some unique models, such as large SUVs with a six-wheel-drive for people who live in snow countries.
The Canyon fits into this line-up as a small truck that can compete with other small trucks in this segment from Toyota and Nissan. In 1923, GMC went international by exporting its truck to Japan. Today, it has expanded its presence and it exports vehicles to more than 80 countries.
GMC also had helped the United States in the Second World War by providing trucks, jeeps, and ambulances for the war effort. GMC and Chevrolet have been sharing their platforms for years, and the company has also used GMT in some of its vehicles. In 2004 they launched the first-ever GMC Canyon, one of the longest-running vehicles in GMC's history.
Canyon Throughout the Years
The history of the GMC Canyon began in 2004 with its launch in the Colorado-based GMC line-up. The first Canyon appeared on the market as a compact sport truck. The trucks were all based on a shortened, extended-cab model designed for off-road conditions and harsh climates. Compared with a full-size truck, the Canyon had more performance capability. The original models came in either regular or extended cab styles, and a V-6 engine was attached to a 5-speed manual transmission. A 4x2 drivetrain was used on the first-generation Canyon.
Subsequently, the model line was updated in 2007 to include a new V-6 engine and an option of a 4x4 drivetrain. Improvements were also made to the interior of the vehicle. In 2008, the Canyon was given a facelift, which included a new grille and headlamps, more aerodynamic front and rear fascias, reworked rear-end styling, and new wheels.
In 2009, engineers improved its towing capacity by 1,400 pounds and upgraded suspension components. 2009 also saw the introduction of some new trims to the existing ones. For 2010, the Canyon was given a redesign as it was introduced to the market with a more refined exterior and interior. The engine line-up now included four models that ranged from a 2.9-liter inline-4 to a 5.3-liter V-8 engine with variable valve timing on all engines. Transmission choices came in either an automatic or manual transmission.
In 2013 GMC made some changes to its line-up that enabled it to better compete in fuel-efficient vehicles. All trucks received direct injection engines and start systems for better fuel economy. The four-cylinder engine was dropped from its line-up, as some models did not offer sufficient storage capacity.
GMC Canyon Accessories
GMC has several accessories that can enhance users’ driving experience. Some choices can be made when selecting a vehicle, while others could be added later on. Some of the most needed accessories for this small pickup truck are as follows:
1. Interior Accessories:
GMC has interior accessories that can help enhance the cabin's space. The following list contains some of these accessories:
- Floor liners: Floor liners can protect the carpeting in the cabin from spills and stains
- Cargo mats: Cargo mats are helpful to protect your cargo or cargo space from mud and water drips
- Cargo net: A cargo net is a great way to secure cargo in a pickup truck, even if it doesn't have a rear power liftgate
2. Exterior Accessories:
Besides the fact that GMC Canyon is a great-looking vehicle, many exterior accessories will help you to enhance its beauty. The following are the exterior accessories that can be added to this vehicle:
- Roof rack: A roof rack can help you with your outdoor adventures by allowing you to carry all of the equipment needed
- Tonneau cover: There is nothing more important than protecting your cargo, and Tonneau covers are a great way to do so
- SunShades: A sunshade can help you protect your cabin from fading caused by the harsh sunlight
- Side steps: Side steps are a great way for the Canyon to be seen and protected from splash, mud, or other types of damages
- Undercarriage Brush & Trim: You can get undercarriage brushes that will help you keep dirt and debris away from the drivetrain, suspension system, and other parts of the vehicle
3. Performance Accessories:
The following accessories could be suitable for supercharging the performance of your GMC Canyon:
- Turbocharger: The turbocharger is a small device that helps to increase the amount of air flowing into your engine. It also increases the power potential of your vehicle
- Exhaust System: A new exhaust system will help you improve both performance and sound quality. The benefits of having a new exhaust can become apparent when you are driving at highway speeds.
- Intercooler: The intercooler is a radiator used to cool the air being pumped into the engine. A new intercooler can help to reduce the amount of time required to cool hot air from previous engines significantly.
- Intake & Exhaust: An intake and exhaust system will upgrade the airflow through your vehicle. This air can help you develop power potential that will help you accelerate faster, maintaining a higher speed for a longer time.
4. Lighting Accessories:
The following accessories are some options that will help you to see better at night:
- Headlights: Headlights are vital. Their failure can reduce your visibility considerably.
- Fog lights: You can add fog lights that will help you see clearly on cloudy or rainy days
- Side and tail lights: The side and tail lights can help you see other commuters in the rearview mirror
- Interior lights: These lights can help you see the items placed in the truck bed easier
Toolboxes are a nice addition to any truck, but they can be expensive. Many tool boxes have little storage room inside. The following options are affordable and have great storage capacities. They will keep you organized when you need them the most:
- Toolbox: A toolbox such as an Esky toolbox or a Cubby box will keep all of your tools in one place.
- Drawers: Drawers such as the DECKED Drawer System can be used to organize small tools and accessories that need to be kept handy when working on your vehicle.
DECKED has a lot to offer its customers. One of the main things that DECKED does is provide a high-capacity storage box for its customers. The DECKED drawer can hold an amount as large as 2,000 lbs, and it has a weight of about 250 lbs. The DECKED drawer system also comes with a 4-wheel lock constructed out of 5/8 inch steel tubing. The steel tubing is covered with a black powder-coated finish, and it measures 1-inch thick.
The DECKED drawer system is available in four different sizes; the main difference between all options is the number of drawers included in each purchase. The basic DECKED Drawer System can be used on many different surfaces, and it can fit almost any deck as long as it is flush with the ground.
DECKED is an all-American company that operates in the industry of vehicle storage boxes. DECKED develops and produces a wide range of storage products that allow people to store items in vehicles, whether in four wheels, trucks, jeeps, or SUVs. DECKED's products include Drawer Systems, Lift Gate Storage Systems, Vehicle Cargo Boxes, and others.
These options help to organize and keep your vehicle systemized on the go so you can keep on commuting or traveling around town. The options that DECKED offers are also great for people who do not have enough space to keep the things they want nearby. DECKED offers a simple solution to all your storage problems.
DECKED Drawer System
DECKED Drawer Systems are specifically ideal for storing items inside vehicles. A person can store anything from tools, weapons to clothing and keep them organized in their vehicle. The DECKED drawer system is easy to install, and it can be mounted on the floor of your GMC Canyon.
You can use the DECKED drawer systems for extended periods without having to worry about the drawers getting loose. The drawer systems are made with high-quality materials and are built to last. DECKED has custom-made GMC Canyon options available in 2 sizes of 5'2" and 6'2".
DECKED Truck Tool Box
The DECKED Truck Tool Box is designed to help you store your tools inside the truck. The DECKED Truck Tool Box can be used for storing small to large items. It is designed to suit many different needs and is highly versatile. The DECKED Truck Tool Box can be mounted on the floor of your truck or any other surface. It comes with a double lock system that is built to last. The DECKED Truck Tool Box can be used for storing all types of tools such as socket sets, pliers, hammers, and others.
Whether you install the drawer system or the toolbox from DECKED, you will get both the same features and promises. Some of its features are mentioned below:
1. Designed to Last
DECKED products are made to last, and they will never break in a short time. They are made up of high-quality materials that will not rust easily. The tool box and drawer systems will fit your vehicle perfectly. They are made from HDPE and have a 2000lbs payload capacity.
2. Easy to Install
The products are easy to install, and they can be used in any vehicle or on any surface. The drawer systems come with various installation options, and they are easy to mount on the floor of your truck. They also fit flat onto the surface of a deck or the side of your garage. The toolbox makes use of 4-wheel locks to secure the box into place while preventing it from moving around when you are driving. You won't have to drill or weld anything.
The DECKED products are designed to resist the elements and are highly resistant to corrosion. The coating that the toolbox and drawer system receive is strong, and it keeps it protected from the elements such as rain, snow, sleet, or hail. They are also constructed with high-quality materials that are easy to clean and maintain. You can easily wipe them down with a damp cloth while they still retain their brightness.
The GMC Canyon has been in the Automobile market for many years now, and there have been many changes to it in recent years. The GMC Canyon has become a highly respected and one of the most popular models for car enthusiasts everywhere.
The DECKED Drawer System and the Tool Box are a great addition to any vehicle. They give you the ability to store important things inside your vehicle and keep them organized. Both products have been made to suit a wide range of users. The Drawer System can be mounted on the floor of your GMC Canyon and offers 2,000 lbs of payload capacity. A DECKED Tool Box would suit your vehicle the best!